HFP is seeking an advanced Doctor of Pharmacy student (preferred) or Master’s level public health student to work with community pharmacies and federally qualified health centers with the goal of improving services to patients with chronic diseases (specifically medication therapy management and medication adherence counseling), as part of a CDC/Philadelphia Department of Public Health initiative focused on reducing rates of heart attack, stroke and diabetes in vulnerable populations.
Duties would include:
- Outreach to community pharmacies located near Health Centers
- Assessment of ability/interest among community pharmacists (independent and chain) in engaging with health center providers to enhance services to patients.
- Research on best practices for provider/community pharmacy communication
- Education for health center providers and staff about pharmacy workflow and communication methods
- Support for health centers in assessing pharmacy use by patients and understanding which pharmacies would be most open to potential collaboration.
- Development of proposed workflows and written materials for pharmacists, health center providers and/or patients to support medication therapy management and medication adherence counseling.
- Develop a report on opportunities, challenges, and progress toward integrating community pharmacy into health center clinical teams.