We seek an MPH student with either an Epidemiology or Biostatistics concentration who can assist on a collaborative project, and utilize the experience as a capstone project during Fall 2017.
Family Practice and Counseling Network, The Health Federation of Philadelphia, and Drexel University Urban Health Collaborative are collaborating on a project to examine the impact of social determinants of health for disease outcomes and use of preventive healthcare in a community health center patient population. Responsibilities will include managing data sets in a confidential and HIPAA compliant manner, data analysis, consulting with project partners on analysis strategy and research questions, and project management. The individual will be working with data from FPCN’s electronic health record as well as community level data on social determinants.
- Assist with the collection of data, including internet searches for data sources, contacting agencies to obtain data.
- Work with quantitative data and conduct basic analyses in SAS.
- Aid in conducting and preparing data findings for proposals, project reports and publications.
- Assist team members with presentations, publications, and technical reports disseminating project research.
- Enrollment in graduate program in public health, Epidemiology or Biostatistics concentration.
- Previous experience working on research projects or data analysis.
- Proficiency with SAS and other statistical software packages.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently
- Highly-adaptable, detail-oriented, and organized
- Experience with literature reviews
- Knowledge of PubMed and other literature databases
- Knowledge of bibliographic software (Endnote, etc.)
- Expertise in GIS or urban health a plus
Hours per week of internship:
10-15 hours per week
Mid-August/Early September – Mid-December 2017. (approximate dates).
Deadline to Apply:
August 20, 2017 at 8pm
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Tisha Nickenig at email@example.com with ”Data/Research Analyst Intern” in the subject line. No phone calls please.