Responsibilities of Intern:
The Wellness Center Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the health and wellness events for the Early Head Start program
Specific functions of the intern will include:
- Coordinate and promote health, and wellness education activities and events
- Assess and evaluate programs, perform research on relevant topics, and develop presentation materials as appropriate
- Present information and training to groups and/or individuals, as appropriate
- Participate in the development of social media marketing and promotional goals and strategies, as appropriate
- Serve as a health promotion resource person to EHS program
- Enrollment in graduate program in public health, social work or health related field
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently
- Highly-adaptable, detail-oriented, and organized
- Personable, engaging and motivating others
- The ideal candidate will have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; attention to detail; reliable and prompt; able to commit to a regular schedule; able to deal tactfully with a variety of personalities; and able to work in a team environment. He or she should demonstrate strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities. All candidates should be well versed in Microsoft® Office programs including Word, Excel and Access. Internet research and database management experience preferable. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, self-starter.
Compensation: This is an UNPAID internship.
- This intern will benefit by gaining experience in community health, community planning, organizational management, health management of underserved individuals.
- The intern will be encouraged to network with other HFP workers, public health professionals, trainers, policy advocates and direct service staff), attend trainings hosted by HFP, and learn about the different departments and programs within the organization(s).
- The intern will be supervised by Khadijah Muhammad, EHS Director with weekly standing meetings to review work plans for the week, and ensure that the intern has clear expectations and support/guidance to complete all assigned tasks.
- Tisha Nickenig, HFP Intern Coordinator also provides support/supervision to all HFP interns and will meet with the intern on a bi-weekly basis either in a group and/or individual setting to ensure the intern is receiving the guidance/support they require
Location: The intern will report to Health Federation of Philadelphia, Early Head Start program located at 100 W. Oxford Street, Suite E-1400, Philadelphia, PA during the duration of this internship. Periodic meetings outside these locations may be required.
Hours per week: Hours are flexible on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
Deadline to Apply: August 20, 2017 at 8pm
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Tisha Nickenig at with ”Wellness Coordinator Internship” in the subject line. No phone calls please.