National Health Corps (NHC) is an AmeriCorps program that recruits, trains, and places emerging leaders in resource-limited organizations. Our members help build healthy communities by providing health education and health access to underserved individuals throughout the United States. Between November – December 2017 the program will be collaborating with a national service advocacy organization to spearhead a crowdfunding campaign to raise money for the program and to deepen networks.
Responsibilities of Intern: The Crowdfunding Campaign Coordinator Intern will be responsible for coordinating and implementing all logistics and creating content for a crowdfunding campaign pre, during and post campaign. Specific functions of the intern will include:
- Coordinate/plan logistics for campaign, including campaign team roles and responsibilities and any additional resources needed;
- Build campaign content, including campaign page and contact calendar
- Create outreach content for posting and emailing during campaign
- Attend midway review, collaborate with team members to test impact and scope audience
- Scope audience and find pledges (at least 20% of campaign should be raised in first couple of days).
- Schedule posts and post on social media (FB and Linked In 2-3 a week; 2-3 Tweets daily) and send out pre-created newsletters and emails, along with sending personalized thank you emails/calls after donations are made.
- Participate in feedback meetings to provide constructive feedback to experience.
- Enrollment in graduate (or undergraduate with experience in crowdfunding) program in communications, English, social media or other related fields;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced computer and social media skills;
- Experience working with web-based content management system
- Experience working on crowdfunding campaigns
- Highly-adaptable, detail-oriented, creative and organized;
- Passionate about HFP’s mission;
- Ability to work independently
Preferred qualifications: Experience or interest in nonprofit communications campaigns and business development
Compensation: This is an UNPAID internship.
- This intern will benefit by gaining experience in a broad range of skills necessary to work in communications and/or nonprofit philanthropy. The intern will work closely with his/her supervisor to determine learning objects and goals that match organizational needs with intern interests. The intern will complete projects and writing samples that can be included in a professional portfolio and gain valuable experience to add to a resume.
- The intern will be encouraged to network with other HFP employees, attend trainings hosted by HFP, and learn about the different departments and programs within the organization(s). Where applicable, the communications intern will be encouraged to attend other networking and training events.
Supervision: The intern will be supervised by Tisha Nickenig, NHC Director, with weekly standing meetings to review work plans for the week, and ensure that the intern has clear expectations and support/guidance to complete all assigned tasks. Tisha Nickenig, HFP Intern Coordinator will also provide support/supervision to all HFP interns and will meet with the intern on a bi-weekly basis either in a group with other interns and/or individual setting to ensure the intern is receiving the guidance/support they require
Location: The intern will report to Health Federation of Philadelphia, 1211 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia Pa, 19107 location duration of this internship.
Hours per week: 2 days/16 hours per week. Hours/days are flexible
Deadline to Apply: August 20, 2017 at 8pm
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Tisha Nickenig at email@example.com with ” Crowdfunding Campaign Coordinator Intern” in the subject line. No phone calls please.