Direct Service Programs
Early Head Start
Contact: Khadijah Muhammad, Director
Early Head Start is a child development and family support program for pregnant women and families with children ages birth to 3.
- To assist families with their child’s growth and development during the first three years of life
- To connect families with community resources that can assist them in becoming self-sufficient
- To meet the special needs of children with disabilities
- To provide information on health and nutrition
- Weekly interaction with parent and child/children in the family’s home by a specially trained Child Family Advocate
- Play groups for parents and children
- Families living in zip codes 19120, 19121, 19122, 19124, 19126, 19132, 19133, 19140 and 19141
- Pregnant women ages 13-30
- Parents ages 13-30 with children from birth to three years of age.
For more information about Early Head Start please read the
2010-2011 Annual Report for the Early Head Start Program.